Petition to save GGPO 3S

GGPO related topics not covered by other forums.

Moderators: posix, inkblot, nothingxs, Buttermaker, SaBrE

Re: Petition to save GGPO 3S

Postby isamu on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:46 am

Ryukenden wrote:The only good way to play Arcade version of 3s is GONE. I don't care if 3s OE is 100% Arcade perfect port, it's not Arcade!

Having 3s on GGPO would definitely NOT hurt the sales because some people are simply too stupid to set up roms and all that. Other people are simply console fanboys and they would rather play something with better graphics. GGPO 3s room did not have very big increase in players ever since 3s OE was mentioned. You think adding 3s room again will magically make players around the world find out about it?

I was going to buy PS3 sooner or later for 3s OE, but since Ponder closed down the room, it's gonna be sooner. Even then it's gonna suck because there is no chat room. I'd rather have chat room than any of new features for 3s OE.

smh^^

clueless poster is clueless
isamu

Postby dhemIcu3 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Oh. My. God. I log in so pumped to play after not being able to for so long... and it's gone. 3S is the only reason I used GGPO. I too would very very much like to see this decision reconsidered. Like many others have said. It's a community. A lot of us knew each other and played together often. This was more than just some random pub server.
dhemIcu3

Postby Lain. on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:10 am

waste of $15...takes like an hour to find anyone to play and connections arent even any better than PC. PC had a lobby, and I didn't have to stare at a wheel going in circles for hours to play a game against some SFIV masher for 20 seconds.

not like the 100 people that were on at primetime on ggpo really hurts sales since fanboys like me were gonna buy the game anyways.

anyways, fuck you...but I'll recover the money I wasted by selling the signed posted I got from EVO.

touche 3s..
Lain.

Postby capitanm1 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:59 pm

im thankful in a way i was so sick of playing on my damn keyboard... now i can finally use my real skills.

just buy the games dude they aint bringing sf3 back, plus i seen some of you on there.

you know your a ggpo vet if you TAUNT AT THE START OF THE GAME!! ITS LIKE sAyiNG WAS GOOD GGPO VETERAN!!
capitanm1

Postby kebab on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:28 am

I have bought 3S:OE for my xbox and was really looking forward to it. After all, GGPO is awesome. Unfortunately OE is not.

You can't see pings, only green yellow or red circles. Even green connections are much worse than on PC. Matchmaking is terrible. I currently live in Japan and am constantly getting matched with American players. I do not want to play laggy matches. There is no easy way to choose who I want to play based on country or even connection. GGPO PC took about 1 min to find a good game, this takes much longer and is very inconvenient.

The presentation of OE is great. I will use it for home games. Online play has been nothing but a disappointment. If I compare my experience... I have played about 40 matches online on OE. About 2 of them just matched the standard of GGPO on PC.

Even at worst, how about letting people who have already paid to play OE (which is currently the only incarnation of 3S GGPO avaliable) get back on to the true GGPO that they wish OE could be comparable to?
kebab

Postby fruithead on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:43 pm

is this officially dead? because i would love to play 3s on ggpo
fruithead

Postby Buttermaker on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Yes.
Buttermaker

Previous

Return to GGPO Discussion